Canadian history is full of extraordinary people, fascinating events, appalling abuses of human rights, and unifying moments. From the origins of the First Nations, to New France and the Seven Years War, to Confederation and the patriation of the Constitution, learners will explore the people and events that have had a hand in shaping Canada as we know it today. Learners will better understand and fully appreciate our country’s rich history.
Units of Study
- Unity 1: The People and the Land
- Unit 2: The Road to Democracy
- Unit 3: External Forces and Domestic Realities
- Unit 4: The Forces of Nationalism
- Unit 5: Changes and Opportunities
DLC Supplied Resources
Textbook: Shaping Canada: Our History: From our Beginnings to the Present. Linda Connor, Brian Hull, and Connie Wyatt.
Word processing software (ie: MS Word, Google Docs, etc.)
Presentation software (ie: MS PowerPoint, Google Slides, etc.)
Suggested Career Pathways
- Historical Site Interpreter