Energy and Mines 10 is a PAA course developed to provide you with understanding and background knowledge to further your studies in the mining sector. It allows learners a deeper look into one of Saskatchewan’s most robust economic sectors as well as providing further understanding as to why mining is so abundant in Saskatchewan due to our bounty of natural resources.
The course allows learners to understand the science of mining and discusses one of the most important factors facing mining, sustainability. The course will introduce learners to the variety of mining activity in the province from oil and gas to potash and uranium, as well as discussing renewables. Energy and Mines is routed in science and a strong background will help you in this course.
Units of Study
- Introduction to Energy and Mines
- Review of Saskatchewan Physical Geography
- Saskatchewan Geology and Geological History
- Oil and Gas- Formation, Location, Exploration and Production
- Uranium- Formation, Location and Exploration
- Coal- Formation, Location and Exploration
- Potash- Formation, Location and Exploration
- Alternate Energy Sources
DLC Supplied Resources
Suggested Career Pathways
- Trades (Electrical, Plumbing, Millwright)
- Construction worker
- Heavy Duty Mechanic