English Languages Arts (ELA) is a required area of study in Saskatchewan’s Core Curriculum.
The aim of this course is to help learners understand and appreciate language. The lessons will include all areas of language:
reading, writing, speaking, listening, representing and viewing.
Assessments will include ongoing home assessment and regular submissions to the DLC teacher. Submissions will include PDF documents, audio and video files, photos of projects. We are flexible and through regular communication we are willing to support families to fit the learner’s voice and choice.
Units of Study
- Looking for Answers
- Peace and Conflict
- Off the Page: Exploring Mixed Media
- Tales – Heroes, Deeds and Wonders
DLC Supplied Resources
- ELA Student Lesson Plan Booklets
- ELA Student Handouts and Assessments Booklets
- Textbook - Write Traits Student Traitbook, Spandel, V., and Hicks, J.
- Handwriting Practice Booklet
- Textbooks - Collections Anthologies (4), Benson, R., Bryan, L., Newlove, K., Player, C., Stenson, L.
- Textbook - Cornerstones Anthologies 6a, McClymon, C., et al.
- Novel – Number the Stars, Lowry, Lois
Tools to submit PDF documents (e.g. Scanner, smartphone app)
Recording device (e.g. Camera, smartphone etc.)