English Languages Arts (ELA) is a required area of study in Saskatchewan’s Core Curriculum. The aim of this course is to help learners understand and appreciate language. The lessons will include all areas of language: reading, writing, speaking, listening, representing and viewing.
Assessments will include ongoinghome assessment and regular submissions to DLC teacher. Submissions will include from PDF documents, audio and video files, photos of projects. We are flexible and through regular communication we are willing to support families to fit the learner’s voice and choice.
Units of Study
- My Friends and I
- A World of Tales
- Up in the Sky
- Animals and Us
Resources Supplied by the DLC
- Textbooks - Gage Cornerstones 4A & 4B, McClyman, C., et al.
- Textbook - Write Traits Student Traitbook Grade 4, Spandel, V., and Hicks, J.
- Workbook - Cursive Handwriting Workbook, Handwriting Workbooks for Kids
- Textbook - Nelson Spelling 4, Dublak, D., et al.
- Novel - Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, Blume, Judy
- ELA 4 Student Workbook
Resources Obtained by Student
Tools to submit PDF documents (e.g. Scanner, smartphone app)
Recording device (e.g. Camera, smartphone etc.)