English Languages Arts (ELA) is a required area of study in Saskatchewan’s Core Curriculum. The aim of this course is to help learners understand and appreciate language.
The lessons will include all areas of language:
reading, writing, speaking, listening, representing and viewing.
Assessments will include ongoing home assessment and regular submissions to DLC teacher. Submissions will include PDF documents, audio and video files, photos of projects. We are flexible and through regular communication we are willing to support families to fit the learner’s voice and choice.
Units of Study
- Getting to Know Myself, My Family, My Friends
- Getting There – My Country, My World
- Animal Tales
- Wind and Water
- Celebrate Reading
DLC Supplied Resources
- ELA 2 Student Lesson Plan Booklets
- ELA 2 Student Handouts Booklets
- Cornerstones Anthologies (2), Farr, C., Hutchison, J., McGrail, C., Pawlowski, C.
- Nelson Spelling 2, De Sousa, D., et al.
- Evan-Moor Daily 6-Trait Writing Workbook
- Printing Workbook
Tools to submit PDF documents (e.g. Scanner, smartphone app)
Recording device (e.g. Camera, smartphone etc.)