English Languages Arts (ELA) is a required area of study in Saskatchewan’s Core Curriculum.
The aim of this course is to help learners understand and appreciate language. The lessons will include all areas of language: reading, writing, speaking, listening, representing and viewing.
Assessments will include ongoing home assessment and regular submissions to DLC teacher. Submissions will include PDF documents, audio or video files, photos of projects. We are flexible and through regular communication we are willing to support families to fit the learner’s voice and choice.
Units of Study
- Getting Started
- Out on the Playground
- Look Around
- Busy Days
- Ride a Rainbow
Resources Supplied by the DLC
- ELA 1 Student Lesson Plan Booklets
- ELA 1 Student Handouts Booklets
- Cornerstones Anthologies (4), Farr, C., Hutchison, J., McGrail, C., Pawlowski, C.
- Evan-Moor Spelling Workbook
- Evan-Moor Daily 6-Trait Writing Workbook
- Printing and Phonics Workbooks
Resources Obtained by Student
Tools to submit PDF documents (e.g. Scanner, smartphone app)
Recording device (e.g. Camera, smartphone etc.)