The Core French Curriculum is created by language levels and not by grade levels. Level 2 is the beginning level for Core French study, regardless of the actual grade level of learners.
Core French Level 2 allows learners to build on what they learned in Core French Level 1 and become more comfortable with the French language. The focus will be on building a basic sentence and learners will learn reading and writing strategies in French. Throughout the eight units of study, learners will learn theme-based vocabulary and sentence structure in both spoken and written forms so that they may better understand, use, and appreciate the French language and cultures.
Due to the speaking/listening nature of this course, it is NOT available as a Print-Based course. Learners, with the help of their Learning Mentor if applicable, will need to access and interact with the course’s audio and visual content and will be required to record audio and/or visual as part of the speaking parts of this course.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This course is NOT a high school credit course. It does follow Saskatchewan curriculum, but is developed as an elementary course. Learners cannot receive high school credit for this course.
Units of Study
- Calendar and Weather (Le calendrier et la météo)
- My Friends (Mes amis)
- My Backpack (Mon sac à dos)
- Wild or Zoo Animals (Les animaux sauvages ou les animaux du zoo)
- Seasonal Clothing (Les vêtements saisonniers)
- Healthy Snacks (Les collations saines)
- Recreational Activities (Les fruits et légumes)
- Alternate Types of Transportation (Les types de transport alternatifs)
DLC Supplied Resources
Video-recording device (such as a smart phone or tablet)