In this introductory course, you will explore the history of computers, consider the impact of computers on society, and learn the fundamentals of computer programming.
Students will gain related vocabulary, with an improved ability to understand and write code in several coding languages. This course is intended for beginners; no previous coding experience is necessary. However, students with previous coding experience will benefit from improved skills through their work in the course.
Units of Study
- Intro to Computer Technology
- Computers and Society
- Intro to Computational Thinking
- Fundamentals of Programming in HTML and CSS
- Fundamentals of Programming in Python
- Student Directed Programming Project
DLC Supplied Resources
Access to a computer with reliable internet access.
Suggested Career Pathways
- Web Designer
- Video Game Programmer
- Cyber Security Officer
- Data Analyst
- App Designer