Exam season for our senior students is upon us and anxiety can be high. Reduce your stress by planning ahead. Here are some tips to help you be prepared.
- Ask questions. Don’t forget about your number one resource at the DLC – your teachers! If you find yourself falling behind or struggling, your teacher or course counselor can help you create a timeline that will work for you.
- Set up a distraction free workspace. Work free of distractions like TV, video games, and even your cell phone. Set aside a place in your house dedicated as a learning space.
- Plan your time. Give yourself enough time to study rather than cramming at the last minute. Make a study schedule and set specific goals for each study session. How many topics will you cover by the end of each session?
- Take regular breaks. Working too long on one task can decrease performance. Get away from your study space for a few moments to grab a snack or just go for a quick walk. Even a five minute break can help you feel refreshed.
- Plan your exam day. Try to have everything you will need for your exam ready in advance to avoid scrambling for extra pens or reference sheets during your writing time.
Most importantly, don’t panic. If you run into technical difficulties or have questions along the way, get in touch with the DLC, we’ll help you get through exam season!