English Languages Arts (ELA) is a required area of study in Saskatchewan’s Core Curriculum. The aim of this course is to help learners understand and appreciate language. The learners in this course will require a Learning Mentor to help them navigate the lesson plans, instructional videos and course assessments. The lessons will include all areas of language: reading, writing, speaking, listening, representing and viewing. Assessments will include ongoing home assessment and regular submissions to DLC teacher. Submissions will include PDF documents, audio or video files, and photos of projects. We are flexible, and through regular communication, we are willing to support families to fit the learner’s voice and choice.
Units of Study
- Mystery Stories
- Send a Message
- Heroes Old and New
- This is Our Planet
DLC Supplied Resources
- Textbooks - Gage Cornerstones 5A & 5B, McClymont, C., et al.
- Novel – Murder on the Canadian, Wilson, Eric
- Textbook - Nelson Spelling 5, Schmidt, E., and Walker, C.
- Textbook - Write Traits - Student Traitbook, Spandel, V., and Hicks, J.
- Cursive Handwriting Practice
- Lesson Plan Booklets
- Handouts and Assessments Booklets
Tools to submit PDF documents (e.g. Scanner, smartphone app) Recording device (e.g. Camera, smartphone etc.)