English Languages Arts (ELA) is a required area of study in Saskatchewan’s Core Curriculum. The aim of this course is to help learners understand and appreciate language. The lessons will include all areas of language:
reading, writing, speaking, listening, representing and viewing.
Assessments will include ongoing home assessment and regular submissions to DLC teacher. Submissions will include PDF documents, audio and video files, photos of projects. We are flexible and through regular communication we are willing to support families to fit the learner’s voice and choice.
Units of Study
- All About Me
- All Together
- It’s Alive
- Just the Facts
Resources Supplied by the DLC
- Textbooks - Gage Cornerstones 3A & 3B, McClymon, C., et al.
- Textbook - Write Traits Student Traitbook Grade 3, Spandel, V. and Hicks, J.
- Workbook - Cursive Writing Practice Pages – Handwriting without Tears, Olsen, J.Z.
- Textbook - Nelson Spelling 3, Quildon, L., et al.
- Novel - Ramona Quimby, Age 8, Beverly Clearly
- ELA 3 Student Workbooks
Resources Obtained by Student
Tools to submit PDF documents (e.g. Scanner, smartphone app)
Recording device (e.g. Camera, smartphone etc.)